There’s so much bad business news about Canadian and other media I’m just going to do a brief roundup:
- Canadian magazine sales down all around, except for something called Hello!
- Canadian tv nets profit falls from $113 million to $8 million (and they want to charge cable fees to recover)
- Globe and Mail laid off a bunch of people
- And the capper: the free Toronto giveaway/transit paper Metro fired all its professional and replaced them with J-school internes. Nothing personal internes, but you’re not real reporters.
- Here’s a roundup link to other depressing media news from around the world: New York Mag